I looked back on 2008 and it occurred to me that I've been a man of many reactions... some are bad, some are good. A car cuts in front of me on a heavy traffic? I have a bad day. A stranger gets inside my room? I blow up. A colleague gives a negative feedback? I brood or become defensive. A friend declines my invitation? I don't talk to them for days.
These are some of the bad reactions that I've had the past year. If I think about it, all these reactions are automatic. I've never really put much thought on it. So what if a car cuts in front of me on a heavy traffic? He's not making my day bad. It would be if I act irritable over it the whole day. So what if a stranger gets inside my room? I shouldn't blow up, instead I should ensure it won't happen again. So what if a colleague gives a negative feedback? It is for my own personal growth if I listen to it. So what if a friend declines my invitation? They may be busy, but that doesn't mean they don't like me anymore.
As hard as it may be, my new year resolution for 2009 is to be a man of actions, not reactions. If something happens, I would think first, before I act. Or catch myself from reacting, and change it to a fruitful action.
Happy new year to everyone!
Goodbye, Canada!
3 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment