Monday, November 5, 2007

Happy Birthday Aaron!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's my friend's birthday today (Nov. 6, 2007)!
Go and greet him here or on his friendster!

Theists also argue. Aaron is a catholic, and I'm a born-again christian - and we always argue when we talk about religion. Argue not to the point of getting physical with each other, but argue in the point of expressing how we interpret the Bible. Still, we are friends because we both love God.

Aaron is a weird catholic. He is interested with fake gospels; always talking about it when we're together. If you're familiar with the New Testament, there is a gap between Jesus' childhood and adulthood. Nobody knows what happened in that gap, so a lot of curious minds start writing about it - and that's how the Gnostic Gospels started. An example is The Infancy Gospel of Thomas:
"In this gnostic gospel the child Jesus shows off his powers, laughs too much and plays with people's lives literally (killing them and bringing them to life). Jesus also acts like a spoiled brat in this gospel." - Dia Odontolohia!

Having a personal relationship with Jesus, we both knew that this gospel is fake. Why? Because the Jesus in that gospel is not the Jesus we both know and love. Jesus is a loving God, and He will never use his powers just for the fun of it.

The reason why Aaron is so fascinated with gnostic gospels is he wants to know what Jesus is not. Sometimes, we don't simply know what something or someone is, we also have to understand what that something or someone is not. Sounds logical to me. ^__^

Because of Aaron, I knew more about Jesus. Even right now, I am still learning more about Him. The most striking thing I learned from Aaron about Jesus is that He never smiled while He was on Earth... really makes me sad whenever I think about it. Who wouldn't be if you know that you will be mocked, betrayed, and crucified....

In any case, please greet this friend of mine a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Thanks in advance! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Aaron!


I miss engaging in religious debates, hehe.

Geo said...

Thanks corsarius!

Hehe I actually stopped engaging in religious debates with non-theists :P I am just looking for trouble, but hey, it doesn't mean they can diss God in front of me though :)

God bless!

Geo said...

thanks called2bless! I'll try to update it as much as I can.. too busy lately =(