Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bye 2009, Hello 2010!

This 2009, a lot has happened, and I just want to list it all down to show my appreciation to everyone who were involved.

1. Although I did my landmark forum on November 2008, I had my seminars - creativity and effectivity seminars on 2009. And with it, I experienced joy, love, power, and freedom of self expression. After landmark forum, I attended Landon's leadership seminar which made me present with my body and how it feels like when I experience emotions such as joy, fear, excitement, courage, authenticity, etc. It is also a fulfilling experience to invite someone in Landmark Forum and see their transformations :)

2. My promotion in P&G and my experience being a first time people manager. I learned that my work is not just about my career, but how I relate and help other people as well. Even though I will start my 2010 without my team, I am still thankful and I believe that I have learned a lot from my team, and hopefully they learned from me.

3. I started my modeling "career" this 2009. Before, I thought I was just a normal ugly guy, but after seeing my pictures, it really boosted my self-esteem - thanks to the photographers who really believed in me :)

3a. And not only I've done modeling here in Manila, I did modeling in Los Angeles as well! It was really fun working with international talents :)

4. This year I turned lacto-vegetarian. It was really sad to learn the truth about our meat and how animals are abused. God sent me a good friend of mine who used to work for PETA and taught me all about being vegetarian. I may still be using leather and other animal products, but I believe it's a start, and I am making the right decision to help the animals.

5. I love to travel! This year, I was blessed to travel with old friends and new-found friends to Kuala Lumpur, Bali, and Phuket. It was really the most exciting and enjoyable trips I had in my life to date - conquering my fear of heights with KL's rides, getting locked in a room with friends in Bali, island adventure in the midst of the storm in Phuket!

6. This year I got involved in couchsurfing! My first couch surfing experience was in Makati, then in LA (although accidental), and I attended the Couchsurfing xmas party in Manila! :) I really want to highlight my 2 trips in LA, my hosts were so accomodating :) My roommate is even a couchsurfer!

7. I learned how to surf this year! First time was in La Union in Billabong Surfing School, and then I was able to surf on my own in Bali and Phuket :) I also met new friends in surfing school and made new connections that helped me on my modeling project in UP.

8. My surprise birthday party and my surprise despedida party from my office friends. :) To be honest, this is the first time someone made surprise parties for me, I was really touched.

There are a lot of other important events back in 2009 but it will be a long list if I list down to the smallest detail. But to those who have touched my life one way or another, from the bottom of my heart, thank you! :)

2010 is coming, and I know it's going to rock! It is the year of the tiger (my year) after all. And I will spend my 2010 in the US, it will really be an exciting and a new experience for me. :)

Thank you 2009, and welcome 2010!

6 comments:

totomai said...

happy new year Geo. :-)

enjoy your new career hehe

Geo said...

thanks Totomai, happy new year to you too! :)

gaychristian said...

Let's rock 2010 in!!! Geo - - you're the best!

chuva said...

And when do we see the rest of the modeling pics? Share naman.. LOL!

Geo said...

@gaychristians - yeah let's rock 2010! Thanks for being sweet as always :)

@chuva - I don't post them here. You can check my facebook or multiply :) (gclubaton.multiply.com)

Diorell said...

Go Geo!!!