"I will make you famous. You will be rich..."
I've been modeling for almost six months now and it has been an adventure! Photo shoots locally and internationally, working with different photographers and models of different nationalities and culture, it's really an exciting world especially to a guy like me who loves to travel and meet different people and know different cultures. But although I've done a number of projects, I am still unknown to many. I am still a freelance model after all - no manager, no agencies. Sometimes there's this desire that I want more - I want fame, and fortune will go along with it too.
There was one time I was invited and asked to model for a commercial, and the director was very interested to get me. He was really frank and open saying that he likes my pictures, my body was perfect for the commercial, and I was handsome. Flattering really, so I said yes. He called one night and asked me questions - some sort of an informal interview. He asked me what's my goal in modeling, what I want, what I desire. I said I want to be in a magazine or billboard someday, and I'll be happy. He then told me that he can make me famous - he said yes to all my requests for the upcoming projects, he said he will give me a lot of other projects where I can be in a magazine, newspaper, and if there's an opportunity, he will give me a project for a billboard too. Those are very good promises, and I was excited.
But there is a price to pay. He asked me that in return of the fame that he will give me, he asked me if he could take me home, for just one night. I declined and didn't join the commercial project.
If this happened to me, I'm sure I'm not the only one. And the sad part is, some will accept the offer. They have their reasons, but to me those people with power and money used their weakness - their great desire to be famous and rich. GREED.
I pray this will not happen to anyone.
If it does, I pray they make the right decision.
If they accepted, I pray they rethink their decision.
"...there is a price to pay."


No comments:
Post a Comment