Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Lord, Help My Sister

For a time now, I've had problems with my little sister, Georgia. She stopped going to school, she stopped going to CCF, and she stopped sleeping in our house. Obviously, she has a problem. I know she has problems with my dad, and I don't know if she has a problem with me. But I am guilty of not spending enough time with her. I felt more depressed when I checked her friendster and saw her shout out: "Life sucks! So why not end it?"

Georgia
I talked to my sister, asking her what she really wants to do with her life. I gave her things she wanted, I took her out for dinner, and I tried to go home early from work. I wanted to help her, change things for her; but things didn't change. She was still her old self.

I realized I couldn't change her. And so I started praying to God. I asked for His help, to help my sister, to touch her heart and change her.

One morning, I was awaken by a sound - a sound of someone taking a bath. It was unusual for someone to take a bath in our house earlier than me. It was my sister, taking a bath. After she's done bathing, I asked her if she was going to school, she said "No." I frowned, and I went back to sleep.

When I woke up, I took a shower and then I heard a car parking outside our house. After getting dressed, I checked who arrived and it was my sister and my aunt. My sister went back to her room, watching TV. And then Tita Jane talked to me.
GeorgiaIt turned out that she took my sister for a check-up. My sister had sleeping problems, an inbalance in her body, a girly thing that I find hard to understand. She also took my sister back to her school and talked to her adviser. The plan is for my sister to finish 1st grading, and then take Home Studies Program for the 2nd semester. She then asked if my sister could sleep at their house for a week for her to watch my sister closely.

I was thankful that God answered my prayers. I also thank Tita Jane and her family for taking care of my sister.

I pray this will start the healing. Lord, help my sister.

8 comments:

totomai said...

i know she wil be fine, as long andiyan si kuya :-) kaya mo yan.

aajao said...

your sister is probably just experiencing identity crisis. we all hope thateverything turns out all right as we know that the stage passes. :)

Anonymous said...

Pray more..go fasting..no one can change her..not even herself..but the Almighty God...all things are possible..hope she'll do fine..

Cheers!
Sam
http://www.flipbrownguy.com

Geo said...

Totomai, thanks for the encouragement :) Really appreciate it.

Aajao, it turned out my sister has a problem with her thyroid, causing the imbalance thing. Thanks for the concern. :)

Sam, yeah only God can transform people. She's doing a bit fine now. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

It's easy to judge people when you're not in their shoes. At least now you know *part* of the problem and that you can help out with it. :)

Geo said...

Ia, you are right. That's one basic thing I should always remember. Thanks for the word of wisdom! :)

Anonymous said...

I have the same condition and I understand what your sister is going through. She just need to get all the understanding and support she could possibly get. At first, people at home even thought I was taking drugs. It's hard to be judged and misunderstood.

I'm glad she has a brother like you, coz in my case, I had to deal with it on my own. But now, I have learned to manage my sleep and doing fine. Truly, Prayers does help + medical attention.

Geo said...

@parisukat - Thank you for sharing. Now I am getting something from her perspective :) Really appreciate it. Haha I just remembered, I didn't think she was on drugs.. I just thought she was sexually molested. Oh the horror of that thought! Glory to God that that was just a thought. 0_o

Hope to hear from you soon. God bless you. :)